R.I.P. "Mary Kay" Knauf





Knauf, Mary K., JSD 

Oct. 15, 1948 - Feb. 23, 2024

 "Died on February 23, 2024 at her Amherst home with her family by her side. She is survived by her brother and sister-in-law, Andrew "Bud" and Kathleen Knauf; her son, Andrew "Drew" Knauf; her daughter, Katherine "Kat" Knauf; several friends and extended family. Mary was a wonderful mother who adopted both of her children on her own, a theatre aficionado and a hardworking lawyer." 

I don't know whether her middle name was really Kay, but her initial was K, and we called her Mary Kay.


Mary and I were part of the six-person cast of The Bald Soprano, possibly the strangest play Bishop Kearney ever put on. It was me, Mary, Honora Hickey, Don Marshall, director Ron Nyhan and underclassman Florence Meleo. The three male members of the cast found Mary to be exceptionally beautiful, but ethereal, and none of us ever approached her, not even even in friendship. We were typical high school asses, and she ... she heard a different drummer. And I'm not even sure that drummer was on our planet.



No comments:

Post a Comment